Mathematics Course Oakville – ‘Speaking Math’ , Sept 2018 – May 2019
Schedule: the days will be confirmed in Sept 2018
The Math Course, for the children enrolled in JK – grade 8, is based on the Ontario curricula and it is adapted to the schools’ requirements.
The main language used in this course is English.
Each student will benefit from a personalized plan, depending on the interest, passion or individual needs.
The components of the course:
– Instructor presentation
– Individual conversation between students and instructors (assistants, volunteers)
– Independent work
– Instructor parents conversations
Speaking Math Course details:
– There will be subgroups of 2-4 students
– Duration: Sept 2018- May 2019
– Enrollments: starting June 2018
– Days and hours: the main serie will be organized on Saturdays, 1 hour, from 12:15 – 1:15 pm
– If there are parents who require 2 hours per day, please, mention this during the registration
– During the first day of the course the students will have a test. Based on this test, the kids will be distributed in their groups/classes.
– Registrations can be done during the school year, but the acceptance will depend on the available spots
– Cost: $420 (payable at once – deadline Sept 1, 2018-, or in 3 installments – $140 in 1 Sept 2018, $140 in 1 Dec 2018, $140 in 1 March 2019). The payments can be done by cheques (for ‘Vorbesc Romaneste’ or ‘Speaking Romanian Association’ or email transfer (to firstname.lastname@example.org )
– The course is opened for registration to any student (there is no conditioning related to speaking Romanian or participating in the Romanian Language School Program)
– For Registration, fill in the form here
The ‘Speaking Math’ course started in 2015-2016 school year, with one group of students and ran, in 3 series, from Sept to May.
In Sept 2016, the math course started with 7 students, in the Fall serie. Starting Winter serie there were more enrollments and we were organized in 3 classes.
The 2017-2018 had 31 students enrolled, organize din 4 classes, with Instructors, Assistant Instructors and Volunteers. It was the 3rd year when students from ‘Speaking Math’ program participated to Kangaroo Math contest, with great results (over 70 points / 90 )